Missouri Driver Safety Education
Distinguished Excellence in Traffic Safety Award
2019 MODSEA DISTINGUISHED EXCELLENCE IN TRAFFIC SAFETY AWARD (DETSA)
The Distinguished Excellence in Traffic Safety Award is sponsored by the Missouri Driver Safety Education Association (MODSEA). Each year the MODSEA recognizes a leader(s) whose commitment and contributions in the realm of driver and traffic safety has exceeded and gone beyond that which is generally accepted as being part of his/her responsibility.
Purpose of Award
Eligibility and Criteria
1. Must support the MODSEA Mission and Vision statements.
2. Must be a strong supporter/advocate for the advancement of driver and traffic safety education.
3. Must be an exceptionally dedicated, knowledgeable, and skilled leader in driver and traffic safety education.
4. Must demonstrate leadership qualities that enhance the learnerís knowledge and skills in driver and traffic safety.
5. Must promote driver and traffic safety within their school and/or community.
6. Must have made significant contributions to their school, community, MODSEA, or statewide driver and traffic safety education.
7. Must have a proven record of dependability and effectiveness in driver and traffic safety.
1. Any leader in driver and traffic safety education who meets the criteria outlined above may apply personally for this award or be nominated by a colleague.
2. The recipient(s) of this award will be recognized at the annual MODSEA conference.
3. Each yearís award recipient(s) will be approved by the MODSEA Executive Board. If an Executive Board member is nominated for the award, he/she may either abstain from the selection process or be replaced by another member of the MODSEA Executive Board during the selection process.
Mailed applications may be sent to:
Mailed applications must be received by FEBRUARY 1, 2019.
It is hoped that MODSEA members will promote this award and help
showcase leaders in the realm of driver and traffic safety.
PLEASE ACT NOW TO RECOGNIZE EXCELLENCE IN TRAFFIC SAFETY